Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day 2021

We did our tradition of going to a cemetery, finding children and soldier's graves, and decorating them for Memorial Day.     
Since we live close enough to the cemetery that David used to work at when he was single, we went to Provo City Cemetery.  We also love going to this one because it is where one of David's childhood friends is buried (H.B. Gates).  I love that we get to honor him every year and David can remanence on childhood things.
Later we went to our friend's (the Pitt family) house to have a BBQ and just talk.  The Kenworthy family came as well, whom we love!  It was such a nice time that we stayed for 3 1/2 hours.

 After coming home, I thought about the blessings of friends.  We have relied, sometimes heavily, on friendships throughout our many moves.  When you don't have family around, well, for me it is easy to make friends quickly because they become like a substitute family in a way.  As I was thinking about this, my dear friend Ben (Bin) called.  Before David came along, Ben was my best guy friend in the whole world.  We have stayed in contact and visited with each other's families throughout the years.  He is proof that Heavenly Father loves me enough to send me to places that would force me to make good friends (in this case, it was in Rexburg Idaho when I met Ben).  So this Memorial Day, I'm grateful for the way the Lord's hand has been continually in my life.  Even in, actually most certainly in, friendships.





No comments: