Tuesday, December 24, 2019

We have a 17 year old!


When it comes to the boy's birthdays, over the years we have changed the way we celebrate.  Sometimes with friends.  Sometimes just with family.  And then we changed it up with making more of memories than giving gifts. 

But Levi's birthday, this year, fell on the day before we were leaving for Oklahoma.  I also knew it would be late before David got home, if we were going to celebrate as a family.

So I thought about doing something different.  Levi bought himself a melodica a while back and has been faithful in teaching himself how to play it.  I asked him onetime if he'd like to play any other instruments.  He had an interest in the piano so I thought that if we used that money that we would normally use to "play" on his birthday and bought him a keyboard piano, that it would go to such good use.  I really do want to support him in his love for music.  

So, for his 17th birthday this year we didn't do much.  We let him pick where to eat, bought a bunch of German Pop, and had cake.  Pretty simple.

17...each year surprises me a little more.  Where did the time go?  Maybe I feel that way because he's always been such an easy child to raise.  He listens.  He does what is asked of him.  

I'm truly proud to call him mine.

No comments: