Sunday, July 7, 2019

4th of July in Utah Valley

(Reddit Pics)

As many times as we have lived in Utah, I can't believe we never thought of going up into the mountains to watch all the fireworks below...until this year!

Years ago, when we lived in Colorado, I remember coming back from a 4th of July celebration.  It was fun and all but what was memorable was the drive back.  We were driving down some very large hills and saw all these fireworks below.  I don't remember one firework from the place that we actually went to watch them but I have burned in my memory all those fireworks below that huge hill.

So that memory came back to me while we were deciding what we should do this 4th of July.  I really wanted to go up a mountain and see what happens.  I knew it had to be amazing.  I was wrong.  

It was magical.

It was the most amazing firework show I have ever seen.  Up until the 4th of July this year, I would have said nothing could out due Idaho Falls, Idaho 4th of July fireworks.  That was an amazing show.  But up until this year, I had never went up into the mountains to watch the dozens and dozens of people randomly lighting off fireworks below.  Or all the city fireworks we saw as well.  It was just magical.

2 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

So cool. We don't like the crowds of IF's firework show so we always go up in the foothills and watch from up there then we don't spend hours in traffic trying to get home and we can see the Rigby firework show as well. I love it.

David Adams said...

It's amazing, huh?!