Thursday, April 11, 2019

Making Our Way Back To The States

We were blessed with people showing up from our short stay in the church ward in Calgary, to help us move out of our "home."  I was truly grateful for that.  We then made our way through the border (which went without a hiccup, I'm glad to report!) and were back in the United States of America!
 We had to make a detour to Billings, Montana to pick up David's truck, drop off the rental, and drop off the trailer we were pulling.  In the craziness of it all, we got to see the Billings Montana temple.  I loved how the rocks in the background of the temple framed it.  Just a beautiful setting.

 It took a few days to get to our destination but we were able to stop and enjoy an old memory at Big Judds in Ashton, Idaho.  The first time I went there was when I was first at Ricks College and then later when David and I were first married and going to the newly named, BYU Idaho.
It's a fun place known for its huge burgers!  It was a fun experience for the boys and wonderful memories for me.

Our move went pretty much uneventful and I'm so grateful.  Something that I was very worried about, with all of this moving was people not showing up to help us load stuff up and unload.  We have had 6 major "moves" in 3 weeks.  But we had people show up at every one of them!  I prayed a lot about that.  I knew I couldn't help with most of it and that it was going to be on all on the backs of David, Levi, and Brigham if no one showed up.  We packed up our stuff in Oklahoma and loaded it in a trailer, unloaded in Canada, loaded it back up almost a week later, unloaded it in Utah, packed up a moving trailer in Roy, Utah (where our all our home stuff was in a storage unit while we were in Oklahoma), and unload it one last time in Vineyard.  And people showed up everytime!  
This is a picture of my favorite "move" of them all.  Most of the people that showed up were from our old ward/church that we left when we moved to Oklahoma.  We moved over a year ago and we weren't even moving back into their ward/church and yet they still showed up because they love us.  They reminded me of how angels are in the flesh and they surround us in our times of need.

I can't express how much I worried that no one would show up.  It showed me that the Lord was aware of our needs and He provided.  I'm so very grateful.  And honestly, I needed to see that in our lives after all we have been through.

No comments: