Saturday, April 27, 2019

First Experiences

Today was the first time Hyrum got to do the ordinances of baptism for the dead and confirmations, by proxy, in a temple of our Lord.  Levi and Brigham stayed home and watched Ruger so that David and I could be there for Hyrum for his first time.  David baptized both Hryum and I for family names of mine.  It felt incredibly special.

I have been trying to prepare Hyrum for the temple by studying, with the whole family every night for almost a week, about temples and why we do what we do.  Last night, after this study, Hyrum asked if he would be wearing all white while inside.  I told him yes and he got very excited as he told me he was glad because it would remind him of when we were sealed to Ruger.

David and I have such a good boy in Hyrum.  And I'm so glad that we got to share this experience with him in the Payson, Utah temple this morning. 

No comments: