Monday, April 16, 2018

Easter 2018

Easter seemed extra special for our family this year.  Not only did it fall on General Conference but my side of the family asked if we could wait a week to hold off the festivities and celebrate together the following week.  I personally really appreciated that.  I don't like doing anything but General Conference on that weekend.  It's one of the only things that I'm picky about.  For me.  Other people can do what they want.  They really can.  And I mean it when I say that I don't judge other members for not fully participating.  But for some reason, I just really, really need this every 6 months.  Like, I really need it.  And I'm super picky about it.  So it really meant a lot to me that we could do this, this way.  

And both weekends were really so great.  Conference weekend was full of revelations.  I felt our family grow stronger together.  The following weekend we got to spend 2 days at MeMaw and Poppy's house.  One of the things that I loved seeing was the interactions of the teenagers with the little ones.  I was grateful that Levi and Brigham were willing to be silly and still "hunt" Easter Eggs with the little ones.  I didn't even beg them to do it.  I just asked them if they wanted to.  I think they just thought it would be silly but I still thought it was was a fun memory that we will all have now.  A 15 year old and a 13 year old out there in MeMaw and Poppy's front yard.  I won't forget it.

In fact I won't forget telling Levi, "Hey 15 year old!  Slow down for the 3 year old!  He needs some eggs too, you know!"

So this is my all time favorite picture of the weekend.  Mainly because of the 3 "creepers" in the back.  You can hardly see him, but Ruger is in there too!
Nanny and Poppy hid some money in some of the eggs for the kids.
 The little ones were being cute for pictures and the older ones couldn't handle it and started being monkeys, I guess.
 Just a picture of a handsome guy I saw roaming around at MeMaw and Poppy's house ;)





 So these pictures looks like Hyrum is crying but he's not!  And it really was funny.  He spotted this egg and so the adults were trying to get Levi to help his brother.  So Levi comes right over and just snatches it and just calmly walks away like it was his to begin with.  We all just crack up, Levi keeps walking, and Hyrum plays like he's crushed.  But it was all in good fun.
This picture was taken right after Ruger threw his bucket right up in the air.
 Doesnt she look like she's modeling this egg here?
The next day, after church we had our "Easter" dinner.  I am on a certain medication that makes food not as enjoyable.  For the first time in a while, much of the food tasted so very good.  I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was in my Grandparent's home.  So it was nostalgic.  But I also think that it was because my grandparents are just really good cooks.  


No comments: