Friday, December 2, 2016

Robbing the Cradle

 When your husband looks like he's 12 when he shaves, sometimes you have to give him a fake beard to make him recognizable again.
For the month of November, David didn't shave his beard.  Him and some guys at work did it as a challenge to raise awareness for cancer in men.  When it came time for David to finally trim it, I convinced him to just shave it all to see how the boys would react.

Ruger didn't do anything, which really surprised both David and I.  But the other 3 boys were pretty funny about it!  They weren't fans but we got a good few laughs out of it.  

We all agreed for him not to do that again.

It was fun telling the boys about my own experience with my Dad and him shaving.  For years he had a mustache.  When he shaved his off, I remember not liking it at all!  It felt like he had replaced his face with someone else's.  And that is exactly how I felt when David walked in the room after shaving the other night.  It felt like he was wearing someone else's face!  But a familiar face.  Because I did see in him the guy I dated before marrying him.  Still, I like him better with his neatly trimmed beard.

Plus, it just feels like I'm robbing the cradle or something.

No comments: