Saturday, November 26, 2016

SomebodyTurned 2 today!

On November 17th Maddie came over with presents and a mini cake for Ruger, thinking it was his birthday.  It was, however, the one year mark for when we adopted him so I think it was perfect timing!  So we celebrated anyways with her.
 Today, November 26, is his actual birthday.  For some reason I knew that I didn't want to have a birthday party with friends over.  I know that we did that with some of the other boys when they were his age but as the years have went on, we know that these birthday parties for babies are pretty much for the parents.  Honestly, the child could care less!  Plus, being invited to so many birthday parties (especially this time of year) can be so expensive.  So I thought I'd save my friends some money.  Ha!
 So I thought about it a lot.  What would Ruger want to do?  It is his birthday after all.  It turns out silly string really isn't his thing....  
 But there were no tears and we made up for it with everything else!  We got some pizza and breadsticks (Ruger is really liking bread right now) and went to a park.  We kicked around balls.
 The boys climbed.
 ALL the boys climbed!

We played on playground equipment and literally did what he led us to do.

It seriously felt like a perfect birthday.

 As we were heading home, we noticed some of the roads in Ogden closed.  I then remembered that there was a Christmas parade.  Normally, I really am not a fan of parades.  If they are in the summer, it's to hot.  Winter parades I don't mind as much because I like the cold but it is always so crowded and with little ones it just always makes me nervous.  But this was Ruger's birthday and he likes lights so we braved it.
It was certainly worth it for Daddy as he got to show the boys Rock Crawlers lit up in the streets, making their loud noises and showing off.
 And as you can see from the lack of coats, it really was a pleasant night.  We passed by a popcorn place and decided to splurge a little and what do you know?  We found birthday cake popcorn! 
  Afterwards, we came home and had some actual birthday cake.
And Daddy and Hyrum played with Ruger and his new toys from Uncle Chuck.  (We already opened up the mini trampoline that Grandma and Grandpa Thatcher sent and he will be wearing some of the things Nanny and Poppy got him tomorrow).

Something kinda funny that we realized tonight.  Last year, for Ruger's first birthday he got Thanksgiving.  So an amazing feast for his birthday.  This year he got a parade.  Hmmmm, what will next year provide?

No comments: