Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Hyrum

Hyrum is obviously cute.  Just look at that face!
And I've spoken of his tender heart many times.  This heart of his isn't just good on Sundays after church.  He amazes me (like this pumpkin that he carved a CTR in, for halloween) with his ability to want to be good just about all the time.  

I want to share a few experiences so that I don't forget in the future.  

A few weeks ago his class in 4th grade was encouraged to bring books to school on a specific day.  On this day, they would be spending hours reading.  Do you know which book he decided to bring?  His Bible and only his Bible!  When I told him that I was impressed that he would choose to bring his Bible his response was, "I just want to be blessed."  

Ruger gets real excited when his brother's come home from school.  All the boys are so good to him in giving him attention when they get home.  There is no way that this child couldn't feel loved, thats for sure!  But something that Hyrum lets Ruger do always makes me smile.  Almost the second Hyrum walks through the door, Ruger takes Hyrum's shirt (or jacket, if that is what he is wearing), grabs it and drags Hyrum to Ruger's room.  Ruger is ready to play with Hyrum!  And Hyrum lets him do it every time.  Instead of getting on electronics, like I'm sure Hyrum would really like to be doing, he lets his little brother drag him into his room full of toddler toys.

Hyrum is sensitive to my emotions and can often tell when I am stressed.  When he notices it, sometimes he will ask me about it.  Sometimes he will just start tickling my back.  And sometimes he will just ask me if I'm hot.  Hahahahaha!  Because he knows that if I'm hot, I don't want to be touched.

Our Primary Program is next week.  Our Primary President asked each child about a certain subject.  Hyrum's class was asked about the temple and which one was their favorite.  This is what he said, "My name is Hyrum and we go to the temple to welcome Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost to Earth.  We can prepare to be in Christ's house by helping others and not saying bad words.  I like the Ogden Temple because I got to go through it and be sealed to my baby brother."  These were his words.  How wise this little 9 year old is in essentially saying that we are ushering Christ's return by going to the temple.  And I love how he spoke of the Holy Ghost too.  To often I fear that I don't give enough credit to that great being.  The Holy Ghost.

I love my tender Hyrum.  I love how close to the Spirit he is on a daily bases.  I love that he is teaching me to think of others before myself.

I'm truly grateful that Heavenly Father sent Hyrum David Adams to me.

Update 11/25/2016:

The other day I was in my bedroom reading the Ensign when Hyrum came in and asked what I was reading.  I told him it was an article about preparing for Christ's return.  He said to me, "I wonder if Jesus is going to have a surprised look on His face when He comes back because of all the temples and churches that are here now?"  Besides that just being cute and sensitive of him, it was also interesting to me.  It was interesting because I had just finished the paragraph that talked about preparing us to receive Jesus Christ by going to the temple.
"Preparing A Place For The Lord by Bishop Gerald Causse"

No comments: