Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was mostly relaxing.  David had a 4 day weekend (which was AWESOME!) but he had to spend most of it working on the bathroom downstairs.  He did an amazing job, of course, but I sure am glad that it is over with.  It's hard having him gone all week just to have him work on projects on his days off.  But I also know that it needs to be done.  And why pay for it when I know he can do it and the boys can help (and learn so many lessons while helping Daddy).  It's still hard though.  I REALLY appreciate and look forward to the break of the weekend...the toddler break.  You know, the day to day saving the life of an 18 month old.  I'll have to blog about our many adventures later.
 So I'll start with a picture where Ruger looks all innocent!  And with Levi in the back being a pro at making noises with grass.  We were on a hike at the North Ogden Divide Trailhead.  Daddy usually (while hiking) chews on wheat/tall grass or picking the fat pieces of grass, sticking it between his hand and blowing to make the loudest noise!  I haven't seen the boys pick up on the chewing thing yet but they are always all over that noise thing.
 David trying to get Ruger to blow.
 Hyrum was having a hard time getting his to make noise so Daddy was letting him use his.
 Daddy is the pro!  Levi's pretty darn good too, though.  
 It has rained so much during the last few months which has made for the mountains to be very green this Spring/Summer.  
On Memorial Day we did our tradition and found graves that were not decorated (children and Veterans).  Ruger went with us last year but he was so little that he couldn't really do much so it was cute watching him this year.
I may have had to "share" my husband a little more than I would have liked but it was still a good weekend.  I love my family very much.  I love our bond.  And I'm truly grateful that the Lord placed us all together in the way that He did.

No comments: