Monday, May 2, 2016

Mother/Son Luau

 On Friday, the elementary school put on a Mother/Son Luau.  
 When I first heard about it, I was surprised because it seems that a lot of parent/child get togethers involve mother/daughters or father/sons.  So this was a happy surprise for a mother with only sons!

 Before we went to the school, Hyrum and I went to the dollar store to buy stuff for the luau.  Hyrum was so incredibly cute about this all.  Besides him just being super excited about the luau, he was also very excited about dressing up for it.  When we got home, we went next door to one of our neighbors (and one of Hyrum's best friends) and asked if he would like to go with us since his mom wasn't living with him.

All week, Hyrum had been talking about this luau and how we would get to spend "you and me time."  At least once a week Hyrum asks me, "When are we going to get me and you time?"  He loves spending alone time with me and it melts my heart.  I don't know how long that will last but I try to soak it up now.


However, when we got to the school he danced one song with me and off he went with Jett to play with the beach balls.  It's all good though.  It was fun watching them.

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

This is so cute, you're such a great Momma ") And by the way you are looking soooo good. ")