Monday, January 26, 2015

Bean Bag Mess

 So, we have this huge bean bag in the basement where we keep the TV.  It is impossible to get any big piece of furniture down there so a bean bag seemed like the right choice when we got it around the time that we bought the house.
I guess it is still a good choice (it is so comfortable!).  We made sure we bought one with a cover we could wash....we just didn't realize there wasn't a type of bag underneath that cover so that we could wash the cover and not the get the insides EVERYWHERE!
So, for a while now I thought the downstairs smelled like pee.  But I have a super sensitive nose and smell things that people tell me all the time that they can't smell.  So, I just ignored it since I don't go down there that often anyways.  Plus, the bean bag just plain stunk anyways when we got it (and yes we got it new) so I blamed it on that as well. 
But the other day Brigham came in and told me that the bean bag smelled like pee and he thought it was Hyrum who did it.  I had a bad feeling and sure enough the very next morning there was poop on it!  I was about ready to kill me some cats!  I knew then who the real culprits were.  I can NOT handle cat waste of any kind, other than in the kitty litter box.  I am not a huge animal lover, like some, but if I am going to have an animal a cat is ideal for me for two reasons.  #1.  Because they require little attention.  I have enough little ones around me that need attention that I just can't give out more to an animal.  #2. Because cats don't stink and are very easy to potty train.  But the incidence of the other day with the bean bag just threw #2 right out the window!!!!!
I can't even begin to express how very stressed I was that day.  I literally was at it for 5 hours!  Part of it was my own doing though.  As I was waiting on the bag to wash and dry, I thought that I might as well clean other things while down there in that basement that the boys don't keep very tidy.  We are big on them cleaning up after themselves but there is the deep cleaning that never gets done unless Daddy or I do it.
My back hurt so very bad that night.  And what is sad is that 5 hours did not finish the job.  Once David got home, he took over and finished it for me. It took forever!
But as stressed out as I was, it could have been sooooo much worse.  I could have done it all by myself but the boys were so good about helping me.  And like we usually do, we had extra kiddos over at the house while I was doing this.  As each new child entered our home, I told them that they could only come over if they helped.  Only one child got turned away as he refused to help.  Just goes to show how amazing the boy's friends are!  And they are hard workers too!  
Don't worry, I rewarded them with donuts and drinks :)

3 comments:

Tricia said...

ok I am laughing my head off!!! So did you learn anything from this? Get rid of those cats my friend!!!! hee hee hee

Tricia said...

oh and one more thing, will you follow Morgans blog. She has created a new one called As Zions Youth. You can find it on my blog:)... She just recently started it and posts every Sunday. Love ya

Char said...

Oh my goodness! At least you have one reason left to have a cat. What a mess. I feel for you. Especially since you are probably sleep deprived on top of all that.