Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Christmas Season

It snowed all day today.  I'm not sure when it started but by the time we woke up (around 7:30 a.m.) it was coming down in huge flakes and had already covered the car.  I'm not sure when it ended tonight either but it was sometime after 5:00 p.m.  

 I thought one of the churches I passed looked so pretty with all this pure snow and had to take a picture.
So far, this Christmas season has been pretty relaxing.  Not a whole lot of things to go to, and that is the way I like it!  It is real disappointing to me when I get so caught up in all the things that can be done and what I think "should" be done before Christmas.  I really love keeping it simple.  It gives me the time to stop and enjoy the things like the picture above.

One of the fun things we have been a recipient of is the "12 days of Christmas."  I don't know who is doing it but we sure are grateful.  It really is so fun hearing that hurried knock at the door and watching Hyrum get excited about what it could be this time.  Everyone else likes it too but I think it is Hyrum and I that really look forward to it.  Every year for Christmas we do "knock and runs" leaving behind goodies at neighbor and church friend's doors.  It isn't very often when we have the same done for us, so who ever is leaving stuff at our door nightly has been showing us the receiving side of this fun tradition.