Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Another Field Trip

I got to go on another field trip to the Environmental Center but this time with Brigham.  He is so different from Levi.  Levi asks me to sit by him and be involved.  I pretty much have to invite myself to things that Brigham is doing.  He doesn't seem to mind; he's just too busy being social and crazy to care.

They were suppose to go snowshoeing today but there wasn't enough snow up there.  We still had a great time though.
Our group stayed indoors first so that we could learn about Owls.  They got to dissect an owl's pellet, which sounds extremely gross until you learn that the pellet doesn't actually come out their back side.  Since owls eat things whole, the things like the bones and fur can't be digested.  What can be digested goes through the normal process of being expelled from the body but the rest is coughed back up in these pellets.  That is what the kids got to dissect.  They found all kinds of bones covered in fur.
Another difference between him and Levi is when Levi did archery he took his time while aiming.  Brigham just let em' fly!

We also did some geocaching, which turned out to be MUCH harder in the snow than when I went with Levi.  But it gave us all a good workout, that is for sure.

When I went with Levi, the trip up and back was beautiful with the changing colors of fall.  This time, the mountains were covered in wonderful snow.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love the mountains here?!?


No comments: