Saturday, December 21, 2013

Levi's 11th Birthday!

Yesterday Levi turned 11.  I woke up to Levi and Daddy being the only ones awake.  As I saw them on my way to the bathroom Levi said very lovingly, "Good morning Mom!"  He tells me that pretty much every morning but this time it was said with just a little bit of, "Do you remember?"  I told him good morning and went into the bathroom but just then I realized what he was getting at and what day it was.  So I made it a big deal as I walked back towards him to tell him what he wanted to hear.  

I remember feeling that way as a child.  Not only excited for the presents and party that would be a part of my big day, but also the acknowledgement of family and friends.  I love being on the other side of the excitement now, though.  I can remember my parents saying, when I was a child, that the best part of birthdays or holidays is to see your child's excitement.  It is true.  That and feeling the peace of the moment.

David and I picked up the boys after school (it was a short day because of the following Christmas break) and headed off to Boondocks in Kaysville.  It is a family fun center with inside and outside entertainment.  But of course, it being winter in Utah, the outside wasn't an option.  It was expensive but worth it to have this rare, all out experience.  Because of the package we choose we had unlimited access to bowling, miniature bowling, laser tag, and kiddie zone.  They also had a certain amount of money they could play on video/prize games.  I think we ended up staying there 3 hours.
 And look who we ran into!  Scott and Jack Stevenson!  We became really close to the Stevenson family (Remember possum Peggy? :) during our short stay in Sunset.
 Between traffic and getting something to eat on the way home, it was pretty late before Levi got to open presents.  It was hard to tell because he seriously really loved all his presents from our little family as well as the Poppies, Nanny, and MeMaw but I think his favorite was the Air Hog from Uncle Chuck.
My Levi is 11 years old and yet he still amazes me of how innocent he still is.  I don't want to ever see that change in him but I also know that he will grow up some day.  I will forever be grateful, however, that he is EXACTLY who he is.  He is patient and kind.  In many ways, I wish I was more like him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! Cute Levi is 11! Wish him a happy birthday for me!