Monday, December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas Eve

We have been getting boxes and boxes of gifts in the mail this past week from our far away families.  The boys have been so excited with each one.  We feel so blessed with family that is thinking of us during this holiday.

One of the boxes that we could open now was from Grandma and Grandpa Adams in Las Vegas.  They get us something every Christmas but I have to say that this one is my favorite so far.  Inside was a game, popcorn, and hot chocolate.  But the best was the movie, The Muppet Christmas Carol.  Inside was a note explaining that they watch this movie every Thanksgiving to get their, "Christmas underway."  

I'm sure I watched this movie as a child but of course, I don't remember.  I am not a cartoon or Muppet or whatever type of a movie lover.  It never fails; when we put one on, I get up and start cleaning.  But I really wanted to try and stay out in the living room with David and the boys this time so I also got us pizza.  The first part wasn't really touching my heart yet so once I got done with my pieces of pizza, off to the kitchen I went.  I cleaned everything up but made myself sit down afterwards.  Before I knew it, I realized just how special this movie is.  Rarely do we see a movie, in today's society, where it will openly praise God.  Here and there, in this movie, God would be mentioned or prayer and such.

I guess what I am trying to say is...I can't believe I felt the spirit so many times in a Muppet movie!  It was a good reminder of forgiveness and love.  This is going to be a new tradition for our family now!

No comments: