Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Name: Part 2

So if you read my last post you know that I spoke about the confusion with my name and how I feel kinda weird about it.  However, I ended it with "But I do love my name.  I have always thought it was pretty spelled out and  I love the story behind it."

I didn't write out the story behind it because I wanted it to be in my mother's words.  I think anyone reading this will see why I like the meaning behind my name so much.  It is sweet and funny at the same time.  Just the way I like things!

  "I was named Lisa after "Lisa" on a soap opera on daytime T.V. called "As the World Turns."  I can't tell you her last name because she was married too many times.  Í always said to my mom, "but she is not a nice person" and mom would say "she was when I named you!"  So my mom's dad(my Poppy) did not like what she named me.  He did not like that it was after Lisa on "As the World Turns." So he would call me Alisa or Alisha! Which I loved because I never really liked my name because there were so many Lisa's in school. I loved my middle name Rene'.   
  So when it came time to pick out names for our first baby I knew what I wanted our girl to be named. For my Poppy who will have to wait to meet my baby girl, so we will name her Alisha but spell it Alisa. I knew he was happy, I could feel it. And her middle name would be Rene' because I'd loved it so much all my life.

I hope this is good Alisa. I am no good with words so if something does not make sense it will not hurt my feelings if you fix it. I would like that!
All my love  Mommy"

No comments: