Monday, September 3, 2012

Squaw Peak

I am not an outdoorsy person.  I wish I were but I'm not.  I do, however, really like to hike.  It can be hard work (depending on where you are hiking) but the views and quiet nature is so rewarding to me.  As much as I really enjoy hiking, I have to admit that this is the first hike I have taken since moving back to Utah.
We went to Squaw Peak in Provo this morning.  Here are the boys with Daddy at the lookout point just before you start the actual hike.  You can see the Utah Lake (and unfortunately the smog) behind them.
 I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS!
Here are the boys on one of the many stops that Mommy had to make as her heart was racing.  I am not sure if it was all because of me being out of breath... since I am VERY afraid of heights.  My heart was really racing!  But for sure it was a workout for me.  Since moving here I have lost 32 pounds.  I have changed the way I eat and excersize 5-7 days a week for at least 45 minutes.  You would think I could out-hike my kids....but not even close!
 In a few days it will be to the exact date, 11 years ago, when David proposed to me.  I usually figure things out before most people can surprise me but he fooled me into thinking that he was taking me on a hike so I could take pictures of the changing leaves.  I am a sucker for pictures and he knew it.  He completely surprised me!
And here is the exact spot that he did it.  Here we are, almost 11 years later, with a family of 5.  I sure do love this family of mine!

1 comment:

Tricia said...


That is the sweetest!!! I am so HAPPY for you both in your marriage and with your self control and discipline. Way to GO!!!