Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hyrum's first day of kindergarten

Today was Hyrum's first day of Kindergarten.  It felt weird to me.  Not because he is my last child going to school.  That is what you would think.
The older boys started school 2 weeks ago so I think that had something to do with it.  Plus, Hyrum only goes to school for 2 1/2 hours Monday - Thursday and only for 2 hours on Friday.  Hyrum was in Head Start all day for 1 1/2 years while we were in Oklahoma so I think it just felt like he had always been in school.  So when I overheard a mother talking about how sad she was that this day had come for her Kindergartner....I kinda felt bad.  Oh yeah, I'm suppose to be sad.  Maybe next year when he is going full time, it will really hit me.  I guess it feels so weird because I'm not sad but I'm not jumping for joy either.  Hyrum is such an easy kid so staying home with him has been very rewarding.
 Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Cloward.  He is wearing a Silver Crest Knights t-shirt that the school gave him last year at his orientation.
After his first day of school, we had 4 hours to kill before the older boys got home so we went to the Aquarium with Christine.  Hyrum was so excited to pet the "swimy fings (slimy things)" (stingrays) but to our surprise they were gone and replaced with sharks!  Hyrum was too scared to pet the Leopard shark but I was all over that!  Who gets to say that they have pet a shark?!  There was also horn sharks...they felt like sand paper and not at all what I expected.

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

I just love having a blog to write in, it's so nice to look back on our blogs to find a picture instead of a shoebox or drawer. These are sweet memories that we can look up when we want. What a neat place to keep your pictures and to add your thoughts to a wonderful picture book. ")