Saturday, September 15, 2012

Parent Night

Thursday night was Silver Crest's parent night.  They only had 2 sessions, which made it hard to get to all 3 of the boy's teachers, but it all went well.  My only complaint is that it was all so formal and in a group setting (with each session pretty much going over the same thing) that it made it very hard to have one on one with your child's teacher.  I already was disappointed that they didn't have you meet your child's teacher before school started so I was really looking forward to meeting the teachers tonight.  I think I spent maybe 3-5 minutes with each teacher one on one, which is not even close to enough time to ask about what is being sent home, how they want to handle certain things, what they expect of my children, or to explain how some of my children have very different learning styles.  I will say it again, I very much miss the school system in Grove.  I feel they were more parent involved.  But I also don't feel like I should be complaining.  They are attending a very safe school where I have no doubt that they are learning more than I could ever teach them.  For that I am very grateful.
So, as I was waiting for the teachers to arrive, I found Levi's classroom.  Outside of his classroom were lots of pictures that the student's had drawn of themselves with a paper next to the picture, telling about themselves.  I felt so proud of my son as he spoke mainly of his brothers and how much he loved them.  I love that boy so much :)
Speaking of loving that boy.....
Last night, we were heading out the door to go to the West's home for a dinner/game night.  Brigham holds the door open for me and I tell him how much I appreciate it and how it is good that he is doing this because boys should open up doors for girls out of respect.  Levi hears this and says something like, "So, when I get married I will open the doors?"  I told him yes but that he should do it when he is dating also.  That girls like that.  He then asks me, "Is it illegal not to do it?"  I really tried not to laugh but it was too funny!  Before long, we were all laughing so hard as the boys turned it into a silly fest of things that should be illegal.  When we got up to the van, Levi opens the door for me and I am so proud.  I tell him so and then teasingly ask David, "How do you feel that your son just showed you up?"  He looks at me, smiles, and then says, "Kinda proud."
I love my boys!

No comments: