Sunday, October 30, 2011

Officially a Redneck!

Ok, this is going to be the grosses post ever so if you are squeamish, I would leave this page right now!
I warned you....
We have a friend who is not from around here who feels that he/she needs to experience everything Okie. Now, I will be the first to tell you that I have seen my fair share of odd things around here but I have yet to have met anyone growing up (or now as an an adult living in Oklahoma again) that has actually eaten opossum or squirrel or armadillo or whatever. As you can see, I am not naming any names because this individual wants to remain anonymous......and now that I think about it, maybe I do know people who have eaten these odd creatures but just doesn't want anyone to know. Can you blame them?
Ok, so we have animals getting in our garbage quite often and so when we found out about our friend's obsession, David offered to catch one for her/him. Luckily, this person is a hunter because there was no way we were dissecting this thing!
I have to admit that I found it a little odd looking at this thing on the grill knowing that a few days ago I had fed him some bread because David couldn't get to the critter in time (he has been very busy lately) and I didn't want him to starve to death.....
I won't be kissing this mouth for a while!
Now, the grossest part about this all is listening to this individual talk about the fleas he/she found on this nasty animal when field dressing it. I guess it was pretty stinky and covered in fat. If you are still reading this, are you puking yet? It gets better. As I am imagining this, I hear Brigham say, "Possum is good. I want more!"
And just so you know, apparently opossum tastes like Dove.

6 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

you do know people who have eaten these weird things. I've eaten squirrel when I was a kid. I don't remember what it tastes like though. Okies aren't the only ones to eat weird animals. Nate ate guinea pig on his mission.

Amanda said...

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH! oh my gosh!!! I was trying to figure what it was sitting there on the grill!!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Yep! That's pretty Gross...

The Bass Family Pond said...

Yep! That's pretty Gross...

Char said...

Oh.My.Goodness! (Now you need to try Dove to compare!)

Tricia said...

That is DISGUSTING!!! But you know me. Bugs in Oklahoma are disgusting..well now that I hink about it im kinda used to them.... but POSSOM!! They are disgusting on the side of the road. If you don't mind.....I gotta go puke. :) Morgan