Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SCHOOL, SCHOOL, SCHOOL!!!

Yesterday was Grove School's open houses. Hyrum is in the 4 year old program at Head Start this year. Here he is with his teachers Ms. Michelle and Ms. Julie. We always have a gift for our new teachers each year. This year we gave them bags that were filled with Hershey Hugs and a cute poem inside about "Teacher Hugs."
Last year Hyrum cried often as we dropped him off at school. It wasn't because of his teachers (I absolutely loved Ms. Dayla!), I think he just wasn't ready to be away from Mom and Dad. This year he couldn't be the more opposite!
Here is Brigham with Mrs. Green. I was thrilled this morning when I walked in Mrs. Green's classroom and a boy saw me and immediately said, "Hi Brigham!" Then realized that Brigham wasn't with me (he was in the cafeteria). I love that he has a friend from previous classes and I love that I was able to have some kind of a lasting impression that some of his classmates would remember me!
Here is Levi with Mrs. Glassgow. I had to get her in front of her "In God We Trust" poster that she proudly displayed!
So here we are on the first day of school. As you can see, Levi isn't smiling. I wish I could say that it was a flook but I am sorry to say that he doesn't care to be at school. I have to admit I am a little worried about him. He is very attached to me. He has to be touching me often and gets upset when I am upset or gone too long. We had a date last week and he told me that he really wished I was a teacher. Levi just isn't the typical boy and I worry about him and how he mixes (or doesn't) with other children. Levi is always so good about listening to me but these last few days he has been real angry. This is making me want to start the tradition of David giving the boys a father's blessing before the start of each new school year. We are going to start that tonight.
As I was getting ready to drop Hyrum off at school, I pulled over when I saw this Ridgerunner. Hyrum was super excited to take this picture with our mascot. So since we were parked somewhat close to the Head Start we thought we would just walk from there. Hyrum said, "We follow him!" Since he was going our way I thought that was a great idea. But then he cut in front of a parked vehicle. Hyrum ran to go catch up and by the time he got there the Ridgerunner only had his feathery bottoms on. I wish I could have caught the look on Hyrum's face on camera! He was so confused! He had just had his first life lesson that there are real people under those suits!
I am so very happy with all our teachers. I always dread telling people who the my boy's new teachers are in fear that who I am telling this to doesn't like that teacher or worse had a bad experience with them and their child. I am glad to report that I have heard nothing but praise about all of these teachers!

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

The boys look so cute...Brigs looks soooo happy and anxious to get going. Oh Happy Days!

Tricia said...

Alisa I will pray for Levi. I remeber Syd going through a faze and having to struggle everyday to talk her through going. She was my home body and just wanted to be home. In fact I have memories of having to drive away and leaving her kicking and screaming with a teacher. I think it is "hopefully" a transition stage... Your such a sweet momma and have such a tender relationship with him. I love watching him with you:) Thanks for being such a caring friend. Love YOU!