Friday, August 26, 2011

Post Office Criminals

Back in May, we headed out to gather money and donations for the victims of the Joplin tornado. It was a perfect opportunity to start off Levi's Duty to God badge for Cub Scouts. This is a picture that has been displayed at our local Walgreen's store since then. The lady at the check out was so proud of my boys for raising money and then buying the tornado victims these items that before I knew it the manager was taking pictures of my boys.
Not to long afterwards, Grandma and Grandpa came over and said, "Did you know that the boys' picture is up at Walgreen's?" So every time I go in to Walgreen's I hope that they will offer the picture to me to keep. Today was the day. I was at one of the checkouts when one of the cashiers said to me that one day she had a lady and man go through her line and say, "Hey, those are my grand kids!" I told her that because of her, she had made them famous because I have had plenty of people tell me about seeing them here since then. Then another lady in the checkout said, "It's better to have their pictures up here than at the Post Office!"
True....true.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Your boys are so stinkin' adorable and you are such a great mama. Thanks for being an example to me!!

Char said...

Thats a cool story. Probably something they will always remember. If not, you have proof that your children are famous.