Monday, July 25, 2011

Lawn pets

With as many animals as we have seen in our yard, you would think that we live out in the country. I have come to call them my lawn pets. I have never been this girl who likes bugs and odd animals and well, still don't care for bugs but I think my boys have changed me a little as I am becoming more and more interested in certain animals. I mean the other day we were at Little Blue and I found a snake with a fish in its mouth in the water. Could have been venomous but I still wanted to get a good look at it. I would have never have done that before my boys. I kind of like what my boys and husband have opened my eyes to.....well, maybe except for finding 2 armadillos today in our yard and me wanting to get a closer look at them. What was I thinking?! Those things are nasty. I mean, they are one of the few non-human species that carry leprosy! But still I was fascinated. I guess partly because even though I grew up in Oklahoma, I have never seen a live one before. I mean, I have seen plenty of dead ones on the side of the road. In fact, I have seen my share of the picture below on Hwy 59 and dirt roads around here!
Gotta love Redneck humor!
I walked away with the same conclusion: Yep, they are nasty!

3 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

I agree, they are stinkin nasty. I've only ever seen 1 alive. So gross.

The Bass Family Pond said...

RIDICULOUSLY FUNNY...Especially the first one! OKLAHOMA!!! ")

Tricia said...

You are a crack up! Love it...