Saturday, July 23, 2011

Water is good!


As we continue to be in an "excessive heat warning" with no rain in sight, I have an extreme love for water right now. It has been really hard this summer keeping spirits high as we have been stuck in this very tiny 2 bedroom house with 3 very active boys who can't go outside for very long because of the heat. Do you know how hard it is to separate 3 boys in such a house when they are in trouble? I have never been so grateful for the Wii until this summer! I have a love/hate relationship with the device. I soooooo love it because it keeps the boys from fighting but it also makes me feel very guilty for the amount of time they are on it to keep my sanity in check. Sigh....oh well. It is what it is.....as David says. But on to my love for WATER....
We have a city pool that we can go to but as you can imagine it gets very expensive and so that limits how often we can go but when we discovered Little Blue a few weeks ago, I have been in heaven! We (the mommies) literally park our camping chairs in the water while our little ones play like crazy. I go on crawdad hunts with them but for the most part, they just entertain themselves.
Yep, even the teenagers entertain themselves!!!!!!
July is the crazy month of birthdays for my side of the family and so unless you are entertaining at Chuck E Cheese or something, the parties have to include water outside. I never knew so much fun could be had in the tiniest pool ever!
My Grandpa Beck made this firetruck for my parent's day care. Absolutely amazing!
I have always been a water drinker. I love water! But the past few years I have become a little addicted to Sonic's drinks and their add ins. SO SAD! But this summer has been so hot that drinking pops actually makes me a little sick inside. The outcome? I have lost 15 pounds this summer so far! They are not joking when nutritionists say that the best thing you can do to lose weight is just lay off the pop!
Water anyone?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Love this post! You got some great photos. I have to say that the last few days all I have wanted is water. Maybe If I am lucky- I too can lose some pounds:) I truly have just felt yucky with soda. it is just so HOT! Oh and about the kids playing the Wii. Don't sweat the small stuff sister. You are a wonderful momma!!! It gets to the end and it is called ENDURANCE...

Char said...

Our Wii broke last week. I wonder if its from over use.....