Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Soccer

This year Levi and Brigham are on the same soccer team. I'm really excited about this because last year there were times that the boys, on different teams, played at the same time. It was hard going back and forth trying to watch both boys. As you can see from the background of this picture, though, the younger teams play just behind the older ones on this field so it's not like we had to go far last year.
Here the team is being taught a few rules by the referee, Mrs. Marcy. We were excited to see that Levi's cub scouts den leader was the ref! We were teasing her about being biased towards our team....though that didn't help much considering that our team never scored throughout the whole game!
Here are the boys getting some more tips from coach.
Then it was time to play! In both these pictures my boys are the ones in the very back! :)

I love the youth YMCA soccer teams because they play against other kids in Grove so we never have to travel, they don't keep score, and it is so laid back. It was so fun sitting in the stands with the other parents as we all laughed at our own and each others kids! My favorite was when the whole orange team went out on the field. There is only 3 kids from each team out on the field at one time and then the goalies. Well, there was some mix up because all of a sudden, during a play, the other 3 boys from our team ran out on the field with the other kids and just started playing! So we had 6 against 3! We were all just cracking up.
Here are some cute pictures from the sidelines. MeMaw was spoiling Hyrum, of course!
Shaylee was in ice fights with Dad and David.
And I had to save the cutest for last! Oh my are they cute!!! This is Shaylee and Hyrum under the bleachers. It was so cute to see Hyrum cuddle up to her because Hyrum is pretty much only attached to me, David, Me-Maw and Poppy. He doesn't really love up on people easily. In fact, earlier in the game Shaylee was trying to hug on Hyrum and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. But the turning point was when David started to get Shaylee back with the ice. Hyrum wasn't going to have it for some reason and he came right up to his beloved Daddy and pushed Daddy's hand off of Shaylee and started defending her. It was so cute! From then on he wanted to be near her.
Levi did surprisingly well tonight. It never ceases to amaze me how my kids prove me wrong. I was for sure that Levi would be sick of it within minutes. Levi is my, "I'd rather be playing PlayStation boy" whereas Brigham is my active one. But Levi was the goalie at one point of the game and was able to block incoming goals a few times. I was real proud of him. Brigham on the other hand had a hard time with it all and by the end of the night when I asked him if he was excited about next week he told me no and asked me if he could just watch next week. When I asked him why he said, "Because I get all sweaty." I couldn't believe that came out of his mouth. That is such a Levi thing to say, not Brigham!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Your neices are so cute. And look like you or your family.

Char said...

Shaylee looks JUST like you in that picture with your dad. My boys both started soccer this year. Its made my weeks a little crazy but they love it.

Adams said...

To both Mary and Charlene, I LOVE that you both think that because I just love Shaylee so much. And actually you are not the only one. My Dad, Mom, and April all call Shaylee "Alisa" by accident all the time. It is so funny....she should have been my daughter!