Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pelican Fest

This weekend is Grove's Pelican Festival. It's the typical festival that brings a carnival, parade, craft booths, and kettle corn to a small town. For Brigham's date night on Friday I took him to the craft booths where he got a free lava rock. On the way home that night he was feeling his smoothed out rock and said, "I can't believe I got a rock from a volcano!" He later informed me, though, that he was glad that there were no volcanoes here. We picked up some kettle corn for Daddy before we left for dinner and then the carnival.
On Saturday was the parade that both Levi and Brigham were suppose to be in but Brigham informed me that he didn't want to be in the parade because he wanted to get candy! That boy is to smart for his own good!
Except for the Moore family and Chuck, everyone was able to come from our family plus the missionaries, Elders Rodriguez and Brookes. We have a good set of them. They work hard yet still come to things like the parade and the boy's soccer games to be with our family.

We are used to Logan crying at loud things but I still had to take a picture of him crying during the parade. It's cute! I know, though. It's only cute because it isn't my child crying.
Ok, so before the parade started, I went into Annie's Garden Gate (the flower shop I work at) to get the boys some balloons. Mom was helping me watch the kids while I started on the balloons but had to take Logan and Hyrum out at one point. I looked over at Brigham to make sure he wasn't touching anything and he said to me, "Mom, I don't feel very good." Oh, I could just kick myself now because right then I noticed how pale he looked. Do you think I did the right thing and brought him outside just in case he spewed? Nope, I was in a hurry to get those balloons done so I could be outside when the parade started! To make it worse, Hyrum has been puking the last few days so I should have known better! I kept telling myself that I would be fast and that Hyrum had only been puking up mucus anyways when he coughed too much and Brigham wasn't coughing.
Brigham puked, of course, all over my bosses floor! I am so grateful that she doesn't have carpet! Robin was so good about it though, feeling bad that I felt so bad. I really do work for a wonderful lady.
The hidden blessing in all of this? Can you imagine me making Brigham get on that float even though he wanted to watch the parade so he could get the candy that everyone was throwing out? I would have felt so badly for Brigham throwing up in front of all those boys and in someone else's boat. To make it worse, it happened just before the parade started so I couldn't even imagine what poor Marcy, the adult standing up in the boat, would have done to clean that all up just as they were heading out and then of course you always have the risk of everyone else puking. Can you imagine?!

No comments: