Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Cherokee Queen

It is Labor Day weekend and I wanted to do something fun with the boys. When holidays come up we really don't do anything. We stay home, get caught up on things, relax....the easy stuff. But with me having a job now, we actually have extra money to spend and I couldn't help but really want to do something the boys have never done before (on their 4 day weekend!). They have never been on a boat so off to the Cherokee Queen we went! It was expensive but to hear them get so excited about going on a boat....and then actually getting on one was so worth it as they tried to walk to each new place on the boat.
Levi found this new way of listening to the motor. Of course, brothers had to join in.
Me and the boys enjoying the wind.
There were so many beautiful homes along the lake. This home wasn't as elaborate as some of them but I loved the bluff it was on and the trees that were just beginning to change colors below it.
This island was probably the most interesting to me. As we were going past it (we were much closer) I didn't realize it was an island. I just saw all these people in little groups along the shore but no boat ramps, docks, houses, anything like that. Then I realized this was apparently the hang out island!
Here is Brigham "driving" the boat. It was funny when it was Hyrum's turn. The captain had to lift him up just for his picture. He just looked like a floating head!
Grand Lake isn't the nicest lake, in fact, I would never swim in it but people around here just love their lake. They love taking their boats and seadoos out or are avid fishermen. I think I'm more about the calmness it can bring. I took Levi and Brigham on their last 2 dates out to a dock with a meal from McDonald's and it was so peaceful just letting the water move you here and there as the boys told me all about whatever was on their minds. Yeah, I think I could live on the lake.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like SO much fun! I'm glad that you guys could enjoy a special time together. And I LOVE the picture of the boys with their ears pressed to the floor!! I think it would be so relaxing to just ride the boat and enjoy the scenery...and I'm thinking that I want to find a way to get to the island..it will be a "mommy's timeout!" Oh, and I didn't get a long chance to talk to you today..but I LOVE your hair..super cute and fun!!!

Mary said...

That looks awesome. I love doing activities with the fam. You're the best mom.

Char said...

How fun! I bet they talk about that for a long time.