Monday, August 16, 2010

Roberts Family Home Evening

We were invited over to the Robert's house for Family Home Evening tonight but dinner wouldn't start until 7:00. We eat dinner pretty early in our house (between 5-6) and I was already hungry by the time I got off of work so I thought we would do something fun to add to our FHE experience. Who says you can't have dessert before dinner?! So we headed off to Braums to have us a treat! As you can see from Brigham's face, the sugar was already taking effect!We were not the only family invited over to the Robert's home. The Moore, Wilson, Bass, Bishop, and the missionaries were invited also which made a huge group...32 in all! Here we are walking down to their pond where all the fun was to begin!

On the way down, I caught this picture of David making his way back up the hill with a slew full of girls. He was using any excuse he could to drive this manly toy....even going all the way up, at one point, back to the house just for a fork!
Here my wonderful husband is making sure that Hyrum was involved too. He was the only adult out there in the water for the longest time with all those kids. I love my husband so much. They say that nothing is more attractive than when you see your husband with a child or doing housework or helping you in some way. It is so true. I love this man.
David was the boat taxi man for most of the pond time!

This picture was taken because of Morgan and Tricia's fear of bugs. They both were so funny! Morgan heard that Sofie (her sister) had a tick on her so off Morgan went and wasn't leaving this vehicle until she was safe inside the Robert's home. As we were taking pictures of Morgan and her pouty face (and laughing, of course) Tricia had some kind of flying bug come and attack her. So, Mommy joined daughter as they hung out on higher ground!
Here is Preston, Hyrum, and Drake enjoying the yummy food. After this, President Roberts gave the FHE lesson on the prodigal son. I felt bad for him trying to teach this lesson with so many rowdy kids but he just kept on teaching. I think he was able to assist the spirit into filling our hearts. I know it did mine. I thought of that Barlow Girl song, She Walked Away, while he was teaching us. How all of us can find our way back home, both earthly and heavenly.
We didn't get home until after 10:00 and we were all so tired but being outside like that for so long, we knew we still needed showers and most importantly, tick checks. Amazingly enough, we were all safe! Just to let you know how tired we all were; the boys were in the shower and at one point we heard this followed by crying.
Brigham: "Levi! You got water on me!"
Heaven forbid you get water on him in the shower!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I must say I was so impressed by your man! You are so right. There is nothing better than a hands on hubby:)
We love your family and I especially love YOU!