Sunday, August 1, 2010

At Peace

I have felt the spirit so strongly today and I need for my family to know, in years to come when they might come across this family journal of ours, that their wife/mother/grandmother struggled greatly. And from writings past, I think that they know to some extinct just how I hurt, despaired, and longed for a change in myself. But I also want them to know how at peace I feel at this moment. I began this morning with the thing that I have been doing a lot lately; taking life calmly. No rushing around for me anymore. Slowly we got ready for church and left. Fast and testimony meeting had me in a spiritual high to last me even to this very moment at 8:49 p.m. As I listened to each testimony it became clearer and clearer to me of how very blessed that I am. I realized in times past how the Lord works through others. That I have many angels around me daily that have flesh and blood. Today, however, I felt it so strongly during fast and testimony meeting; and could go through the rows of members and was touched by the spirit of just what they had done for me. Each one. How blessed I am to have a Father in Heaven who loves me so much that he would surround me with so many people who are willing to love me. I feel so at peace and I am grateful.

3 comments:

Mary said...

We also had a really good fast and testimony meeting yesterday. I love the way I feel afterwards.

The Hills said...

Yesterday was good for me too. Tyler got up and bore his testimony and then my dad and then my mom and then my husband and then me. We kind of dominated the meeting, but I haven't felt the spirit so strong at church in a long time. We need that every so often so we know that God loves us.

Tricia said...

I am covered in chills because of how much I love you. I know that our Father in Heaven is so proud of you for the wife, mother and friend that you are. I truly am blessed because of YOU!