Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to school open house

Today was the open house for the Grove Public Schools. The boys were excited, of course, but I noticed Brigham was a little reserved. I'm hoping it isn't because he is nervous about being in a new school. He moved up from the Early Childhood Center into the Lower Elementary. I mentioned to him tonight that it must be nice having a big brother in the same school building now. He didn't really say anything but I've mentioned a few times to Levi to make sure that he shows him how to get to the cafeteria (they provide free breakfast for all the kids) and his class room just in case he forgot from our trip today. Here is Brigham with his first grade teacher, Mrs. Roberts. She seems super nice. She has been at this for over 20 years now so she's a pro! Doesn't Brigham look so old in this picture?!
And here is Levi with his second grade teacher, Mrs. Steffenson. She is going to be the best teacher, I can already tell! I could feel her love for her job almost instantly as we met her today. I like to get presents for the teachers on the first day of school but we have never had a present waiting for one of our kids so this was a fun surprise!
Tomorrow starts our new school year!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow you guys start early.