Thursday, June 18, 2009

My muggy, childhood 4th of July memories

Ok, so I put "muggy" because of how humid everything feels now when really, when you grow up in it....well, it's just normal. So yesterday, as we were driving from Grove to Jay I saw the first firework stand of the season. I instantly was brought to my cheerleading days and working those firework stands in order to raise money for our new cheerleading uniforms. I then thought of all those years my family LOVED to embarrass me at the football stadium. That is where our town firework display was every year and my family loved to go, "Ooooooo" and "Ahhhhhh" to every firework that went off. In a teenager's ears, that was embarrassed easily at times, it always seemed they were extra loud. They would just get louder and louder as I would try to get them to quiet down. I could hear giggles around us as people were listening on; which I'm sure pleased my family all the more! Now that we are living here, the question is: should I do the same to my children?

4 comments:

Christina Brinkworth said...

LOL of course! But it will be a while before it embarrasses them. Start the tradition now!! LOL

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe you are back in Jay!!

Mary said...

Of course you should do the same to your children. Memory makers.

Rebecca E. said...

hahaha, I totally remember oooohhhhing and ahhhhhing at you at the games you cheered at. Good times! Totally do it to your boys, it's so fun! And I DO NOT miss those muggy Oklahoma summers :)