Thursday, June 4, 2009

Grove Branch get together at Bernice Park

On Saturday (May 30th) the church had a get together in Bernice, Oklahoma. I wish I would have thought to have gotten pictures of everyone there but of course, I was focused on the little ones. Here is Grandma walking the great grandkids to the lake to pass the time until the food was ready.
Grandma tried to get them to just throw rocks...

...but it wasn't long until they were in the water!

Amanda putting sunblock on Logan. She is ALWAYS prepared! You would think that I would be better at that stuff after 3 kids. I think she takes better care of my kids during sacrament (snacks and things to keep them busy) than I do!

The time passed quickly with all the things that the kids had to play with and do.

Here Elton is walking the "tight rope" with a missionary.

The park had a nature center that the kids really enjoyed. They got to see all kinds of animals and insects.

Before we left we had to take the kids back to the lake. They probably would have stayed there the whole time if it was up to them. Kids + water = FUN!

While I was watching the kids play in the water there was this huge butterfly that kept flying around surprisingly close to me. He was a pretty fascinating creature to me that afternoon for some reason.

4 comments:

Rebecca E. said...

That looks like so much fun! You sure are making me miss home more and more!:)

Shan Reid said...

Alisa! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I didn't know you had one. It looks like you are really enjoying being back home... I also found Liz's blog through yours... double the good luck... thank you.

Christina Brinkworth said...

That is so great!! I love all the pictures. How fun!!

Unknown said...

So how is Grove branch these days? Is it still part of Rogers stake?