Tuesday, December 13, 2022

It's great to be 8!

Ruger turned 8 at the end of last month.  And just like any little 7 turning 8 year old, he would often talk about his upcoming birthday.  He went to a friend's birthday party at the Classic Fun Center a few months ago and he knew he wanted to go there too.  We rarely buy the birthday packages (where you get your own table, food and activities, and well, pretty much everything is included).  But I had this specific memory come to mind a few weeks before Ruger turned 8.  My mind went back to when Levi was probably in Kindergarten and he wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese real bad.  We could not afford a private party at that young stage of mine and David's marriage.  But somehow my Mom and Dad found out.  So, even though we were in Utah and they were in Oklahoma, they made sure that Levi got that party!  It was such a warm memory of my parents every ending giving.  

And then I wanted to make sure that Ruger got that "private party!"
I think there were 10 kids that came.  I can't remember...it was hectic for me trying to make sure that 10 kids stayed in the building!  Ha!

For our children's birthdays we don't give them presents.  We give them an experience and then where ever they choose to eat.  Well, Ruger had been begging to go to a Japanese Steakhouse for months - one of those places where they make the food right in front of you.  Well, our chef was amazingly talented and he fed off of Ruger's enthusiasm!  It was cute to watch them interact.

Well, what do I say about this 8 year old of mine.  He still is quite hyper but has calmed down...a bit.  Everyone is still his friend and everyone wants to be friends with him!  I should record sometime me picking him up from school.  Its "Hey Ruger!" "Bro!" every few seconds!  I swear that kid knows everyone in that school!  He shows love to his Momma more and more these days.  I wanted to record that because all of Ruger's life has been about his Daddy.  It's nice to get some of that love now!  He is my only kid left who will cuddle with me.  He loves animals and wants all of them.  He loves to skate around the house or throw a football.  He's a good eater and slowly learning to cook real food by himself.  I just love him.  He's so unique.  There really is no one like Ruger Adams.    

No comments: