Friday, October 28, 2022

Thursday Getaway

My parents made sure that on mine and David's wedding night, we got to stay in a suite at a Marriott in Oklahoma City.  I know this is going to sound cheesy but I was just so excited to start my life with David that I felt that was special enough.  Plus, I had never stayed in a suite before.  After that we were heading to Utah to get back in time to get David back to college before the new semester began.  I honestly can't even think about the last time I realized that David and I never got to go on a honeymoon.  But maybe to a husband, he thinks about the things he can provide for his wife?  Even now?  Well, he found out quickly that if he mentions that to his cousin, Zel, he just might make sure you get a little do-over.  And he did!  He and Desiree were at Disneyland with their children this year on their wedding anniversary so it worked out well that we could do this together.  David and I first checked in at the Blue Boar Inn (Midway, Utah) and took this beautiful picture just outside our balcony.



We got dressed in our swim suits and met Zel and Desiree at the Homestead Crater.   We went swimming in a geothermal spring located in a 55 foot tall crater with water that always stays between 90-96 degrees.  With it being mineral water, you can see through it clearly...until it gets dark with a depth of 65 feet.  I have a fear of being in water I cannot see through so I did not know if anxiety would get the best of me or not.  I also do not do well in hot tubs as I get dizzy from the heat.  But you know what?  I loved it!  I could easily see to my feet, the heat didn't bother me, and David kept me busy with conversation to distract me from thoughts of something being in the dark part of the water.  I did it!
After that we went back to the inn, got ready, and then met in the restaurant and had some of the best food I've had in a restaurant in probably ever!


We feel so blessed that we were able to do this.  And it came at a perfect time as I had just gotten back from being away from David for a week while I was in Oklahoma.



No comments: