Wednesday, October 26, 2022

My best girlfriend

While in Oklahoma, I missed seeing most of my friends because of getting sick at the end of our stay but Laura came early and I'm so glad that she did because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to see my bet girl friend.




We went out to lunch together, went driving around areas that brought back old memories, and visited her mother, Bobbie.  I always love every second of our time together.  We have so many similar views and like the same things.  When we don't we tease each other about it and get a good laugh.  I know I already wrote this but had she waited until later, I wouldn't have gotten to see her and that that would have been hard for me.  For years, she lived in California and I lived in other states while never seeing each other.  Back then it wasn't as easy to keep in contact as I wasn't good at calling and Laura wasn't good at writing leters, and honestly we were in the thick of raising our little children.  We weren't that good at keeping in touch.  But with technology today (Marco Polo, Facebook, and texts) we are pretty good at making sure we contact each other fairly regularly.  And with her living in Arkansas now, I get to see her everytime I come home to visit.  And you know, it's kinda fitting that Laura is the only friend I got to see while in Oklahoma this time.  I've always considered her my "family," so really I just spent time with family this time around!

No comments: