Friday, December 24, 2021

Levi Turns 19

Levi turned 19 on Monday.  To describle how sick I was would be to explain how few pictures I have of my son on his 19th birthday.  I was not even close to involved as I would have been on his past birthdays and that is really disappointing to me.  Not just for selfish reasons but for him!  Less pictures means less I can journal about for him to read about later.  But he has an amazingly involved father who stepped up and was both parents on that day.

 Before anything really happened, Levi went over to Monica's house where they got to spend some time together, she gave him gifts, and he came home with this fun little headband.  David and Levi got to eat out at Teppanyaki where Japanese chefs perform their art of cooking at table side Hibachi grills.  Its a such a cool experience and it was the first time for Levi.  When they got home, we sang happy birthday quickly before Levi, David, Brigham, and Hyrum went to the movies to watch the new Spiderman movie.  

Levi is working at Panda Express, loves his new IPhone (which he bought himself), still plays on his piano but mostly is in love with Monica.  Watching him with her is a dream for me.  I love seeing him in love.  I really do!  Mothers who feel no girl is good enough for their son is really missing out in watching their hard work on making sure they treat a woman right.  They are also missing out in seeing that "sparkle" in their son's eyes when they talk about their love or watch them almost melt into that other someone when they are around.  It is the neatest thing to experience as a parent.  I don't know what the future holds for Levi and Monica but I do know that she has been a beautiful human to him in this part of his journey in life and I'm grateful.

No comments: