Sunday, August 16, 2020

Funny Gifts

"“If I were a Mormon Fundamentalist, I’d would want you as my sister wife!”
Years before I was even married, Valerie started this sister wives thing. It actually started with my sister, April. April + Elton + Valerie = True love! There is a hilarious story behind it but I’m afraid some might get offended, so I’ll keep it between them (us). But after Valerie got married to Shawn it changed over the years. Then one night, one medicine induced groggy night, I found this above saying. Covid 19 was in full swing and the face masks were born. Blame it on the medication, blame it on a hilarious friend, or blame it on my need for them to not forget how much I needed them through a very tough time last year…here you go!""

The above paragraph is what I wrote on Facebook when describing my "gift" to these girls.  The gift was, obviously the face mask, but when they all send me a picture of them in the mask I put them in a collage and ordered refrigerator magnets for each of us.  Definitely silly, but I meant what I wrote when I said that they got me through such a hard time with my Grandma's death and other stuff the year before that.  It was a hard year!  They (and another group of friends from college) kind of were like my therapy as they talked me through things through the app, Marco Polo, on our phones.

Just forever grateful.
My Dad turned 60 in July and I felt horrible when I didn't realize that it was the big 6-0!  I didn't forget his birthday but hadn't realized it was such a significant number.  So we tried to make up for it with an awesome package with the mask and shirt...
...and these stickers, below, on a bunch of Lifesavers.  The shirt was my favorite, though, because of my siblings and I running joke.  We have teased my Dad for years that he is really like a 2nd or 3rd grader because of us growing up with him pranking us, the things he laughs at, and just his kid-like, loving nature.  These are some of the things that we love most about Poppy but we still love to tease him about it!  So a shirt that says, "The first 60 years of childhood is always the hardest" seemed perfect for my "immature" father!

 A few months ago I took care of my friend's dog.  When she got back from her vacation she had made me this shirt.  So I told her I'd wear it the next time we went out to dinner or lunch.  A few weeks ago we finally got to go out.  She came out of her house wearing this, above, shirt!  You know, just in case where ever we go, people don't know who this "Amy Pitt" is!  hahahahaha!

No comments: