Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Someone has a new number!

Little Mr. Ruger has a new number!  Up until this last birthday, he was obsessed with the number 3.  We could easily say that the number 3 was his favorite number (just like his Poppy Beck!).  He would see the number 3 somewhere and yell, "That's my number!"

But now he has a new number!

 We first celebrated his birthday at MeMaw and Poppy's house with his cousin, Spencer.
 I actually really like sharing birthdays with cousins.  I think it is because most of the time, we are not living by cousins to even be able to do this.  So this is special to me.  And even more so that Ruger got to spend it with Spencer.  I say that because it was just a month or so ago that he spent the weekend, alone, with Spencer and his family.  They were so good to him and spoiled him rotten!

 I didn't really get any good pictures of him and his presents but I thought the look on his face in this one said it all!

 When his actual birthday came, our family went to Golden Coral.  I love this picture because of the raspberry that he is making in it.  I am kinda fascinated with the way that people do raspberries.  I know it is weird, but if you look at the way each person does it, they all do it differently with their mouths.  They do!  I'm not crazy!  Well, Ruger is the only person that I know that does it like me!  Both of our top lips go so far up that it almost touches our noses when we make the sound.
 Our "server" brought over a little treat for the birthday boy!

So this boy....where do I start?  He is still the most active child that I have EVER met.  And as much as it is exhausting, I couldn't imagine him any other way now.  I used to dream of him calming down.  Now with him in daycare while I home school Brigham and Hyrum, Ruger seems so much more enjoyable.  He definitely makes me laugh!  

We had a "Linger Longer" after church this last Sunday.  A linger longer is when people bring food for a potluck after church.  You get to sit at tables with friends or new people that you want to get to know better.  Well, Ruger is obsessed with the missionaries right now.  He talks about them a lot.  A few Sundays ago, we were in Sacrament and he started to draw a picture.  All of a sudden he gets up, runs to the missionaries a few rows back and hands them his picture and starts talking to them.  Yes, right in the middle of the meeting!  

So we are at this linger longer and he will not leave us alone about how the missionaries have to sit by us.  They were adorable with him.  One of the guys that was sitting next to us said something about how hard it would be to get mad at someone so energetic like Ruger.  That has come to my mind a few times since then.  That same energy that Brother Lawrence was talking about is what used to drive me nuts about Ruger.  It was exhausting but now I'm seeing more and more how it is infectious.  People just want to be around him.  They really do.

No comments: