Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Gingerbread Houses

Just like I said in the journal entry before, we always decorate gingerbread houses before Christmas.  It brings back memories of when I was younger and Mom would make homemade gingerbread and then we would decorate houses out of them.

I wish I was little bit like my Mom in that way.  Making more homemade things.  I kinda go through these phases and right now I'm definitely in a phase of just taking the easy way out of things.  I'm hoping that as Ruger gets older, I'll go back to that old part of me.  We'll see.

I was able to catch some happy moments tonight on camera.
 



The fact that I got a picture of Levi not making a weird face was a miracle in itself but also because every other picture of tonight was like the one below....a picture of him eating the frosting!

Watching my family happily get along tonight was a good reminder of how blessed I am.  I have been struggling these last few days with depression.  Not anything huge.  And not anything that I can pinpoint.  But times like tonight happen and through the simpleness of a family gathered around a table decorating gingerbread houses, I can clearly see that I am blessed.  That life is simply good.  And I should take it, embrace it, and be grateful.

No comments: