Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Happy July Birthdays

Last weekend was filled with family, friends, and things keeping us busy.
Between the Thatcher, Beck, Adams, Moore, O'Dair and Beck families I think there are 7 birthdays to celebrate.  July was a busy month for our families so we had to wait until August to actually celebrate.
At the party, I was able to get this picture.  I actually got Grandpa to smile and not make a face!
Just before the party, I met Robyn at Pizza Hut for lunch.  It was really nice to be able to have alone time with her so that she could open up.  Her family is going through a lot right now and I just wanted her to be able to talk without a bunch of people around.  I was reminded, like I often am with my friends, just how strong she is.
Later at Little Blue, Marlana came up to to sit in our fold out chairs with our feet in the water.  I don't usually put "relaxing" and "Oklahoma" together in the same sentence when it is involved with being outside in August.  But Little Blue's water is perfectly cold and there were not that many people there so it was just he way I like it.  Plus, I got to spend time with my one of my oldest friends.  Another strong one.  A friend who has been through so much but yet decided that being strong was the best action for her and her son.
Before Marlana got there, David, Ruger, and I got to spend alone time at Little Blue.  Just walking around in that cold water while Ruger threw rocks and David caught critters was where I wanted to be.
David had a LOT of work to do that he brought with him from Oklahoma City but he took the time out to take Ruger and I to Little Blue.  He knows how much I love it there.  It is just proof of the many things he sacrifices for me.  I love him dearly.
We happened to have this birthday weekend celebration on the night that Jay puts on their Cruise Night show.  I don't care about old cars but David and Levi do and so I really wanted to go with them.  This "parade" of cars was insanely long for such a small town.  Over 300 cars!  And it was actually fun for me.  They burned rubber or spun out (however you want to call it) in front of us several times.  It was loud and sometimes scary but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it was exciting too.
On Sunday, we went to church and at one point I see Ruger playing with his cousins barbies!  It was awesome!


No comments: