Monday, May 28, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

David, the boys, and I went to Jay for the weekend of Mother's Day.  
 I thought I'd be a brat and make my present to Mom and Grandma a funny one! 
 "I'm sorry you had to raise such spoiled brats like my siblings.  Happy Mother's Day from your favorite child!"
 I love these 2 pictures of Mom and Grandma so much!  They both look so beautiful.
 "I'm sorry you had such spoiled brats like my siblings for Grandchildren.  Happy Grandmother's Day!  From the one who didn't sucker punch her newborn baby sister right in front of you.  You know, the non brat sibling."
So this picture cracks me up because it looks like April is asking Grandma what happened and Grandma is caught!

The reason behind Grandma's drink is that apparently I was jealous of the new baby sister, April, and punched her clear back in 1980.  It's one of those stories that gets retold throughout the years.  It's one of those stories that seem to change each time I hear it but that is one of the reasons I love it.  It's part of me.  Plus, I remember learning once that that is how you can tell if a story is made up or not.  It will slightly change over long periods of time because your memory of it changes.  The brain is interesting, huh?

No comments: