Monday, December 18, 2017

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures!

I love coming across little things like this.  One headphone in Levi's ear while the other is in Rugers.  Ruger never stays still long enough to stay long but its cute to see.
 There is a Clydesdale ranch in Yukon that David wanted to take us to.  I'm so glad he did.
 It was the most calming experience.  I can totally see why people use horses for therapy.   
Bart was my favorite.  He had me, I don't know, memorized a little bit.  There was this underlying fear that I didn't want to give in to.  He's so big and the muscles on his face were so intimidating.  There was this known factor that he could squash me.  But he wouldn't.  He seemed so gentle.  He tried to eat my purse a few times, though.  Ha!  But seriously, I didn't want to leave and when I drive the kids to school (the barn is along the way) I often think, I should just go back to the barn by myself.  

One of the things that came to my mind, while being with Bart, was that he was beautiful.  Magnificent.  Powerful.  That he could hurt me if he wanted to.  But he chooses to enjoy my presence.  I thought about Heavenly Father.  How He could "squash"me at any moment if He'd like to.  But He loves me instead. If I would just take the time to listen.  To really feel His presence, I could be calmed in my everyday trials.
Geez, I'm calmed just journaling this!  
 But on to gingerbread house making!
And that hair!  I love it!  I call it his Superman hair.

At our ward Christmas brunch, Ruger and Hyrum got to see Santa.  Hyrum was excited because Santa looked an aweful lot like Brother Bill from his primary class ;)

 The Relief Society gave out aprons for Christmas, on Sunday.  Every once in a while I will catch Ruger wearing my butterfly apron.  So when I got this new apron I got excited because now Ruger could have his own!

No comments: