Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas 2017

We left Friday to spend time in Jay for Christmas.
April told me that Layne had been asking if the boys had any sisters before we got there.  When I was taking this picture she told me that I was going to be her sister or something like that.  And then I teased her about using Levi as a pillow and she liked that idea better!
Shaylee, or "Shay"as Ruger calls her, is Ruger's bud.  He likes to grab her fingers and pull her this way and that.  On Christmas day,  Grandma made a comment to me about Shaylee being his Maddie now.  It got me crying because I miss her so much.  But crying too because Ruger is so blessed to have Shaylee.  Shaylee and Maddie would get along so well.  I wish they knew each other.
I think it was on the 23rd when we got snow.
The only thick coat we could find was this pink one.  But do you think Ruger cared?  Not one bit!





Christmas Eve brought pictures before and after church.
The kids always get to make cookies and gingerbread houses before opening gifts.  The older kids and David made foam houses this year as well. I wish I would have took pictures of that.
We tried to do a facetime with Ronald and Hannah  but it didn't work.  Grandma kept trying to cover her face because she didn't want to look at it looking back at her on the computer screen.  It was so funny because she kept trying to use this little peace of foam (from the houses earlier) to cover her face...like it was helping!
Most of my pictures came out blurry from opening presents.
On Christmas Day we went over to MeMaw and Poppy's house for dinner (lunch).  Amanda had brought over these British New Years Party Poppers things that we did before eating.  There were prizes and crowns inside.
Chuck is the King!
And Chuck thinks he can pull over a "look at the hole"hand gesture on me with Big Elton acting like he is picking his nose!  Ok, so maybe they did!
Grandma is the Queen!
And I got a smiling picture out of Poppy!

No comments: