Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Day 2ish?

We arrived in Oklahoma late Saturday night.  Later than we expected because of David and the boys helping a lady change her tire.

It was a neat experience for me.  I was forced to be patient because we were only 30 minutes away from HOME when we came up on this woman.  Only 30 minutes away from my family that I hadn't seen in 2 years!  David and Hyrum hadn't seen them in 5 years.  It was killing me a little, I have to admit.  But David did the right thing and pulled over.  

Her car was literally on the top of a hill and in the middle of her lane!  Her English was a little broken and she looked confused.  David soon got her car off to the side of the road, got the 2 older boys out to help, as she thanked them.  She had just came back from the prison in Vinita where she was sharing her testimony to those there.  I wasn't outside the van long (it was way to humid for me) and I offered for her to stay in the van with Hyrum, Ruger and I but she decided to stay out with the boys.  It didn't take me long to be so very grateful for David and his willingness to always serve as she said that as her tire was coming apart, she was praying that someone would help her.  Then she saw our vehicle.

I love my husband so much.  I'm so grateful for his example.
We spent the night with the Moore family that first night.  Before we headed to church, the next day, I wanted to get a picture of April and I together.  She took my phone and took the above selfie.  When I looked at it, I hardly recognized myself!  I am not good with technology and I honestly don't know how such a strong filter was put on it but dang!  If only this is what I really looked like.
David took a picture of us...the real us!

Going back to church in Grove was wonderful.  It was wonderful to see old friends and to actually get to go to Relief Society!  I am still serving in Primary here in Utah so it really was such a treat to be able to go to Relief Society.  It was also fun because 3 other girls that I went to church with, growing up, just happened to be visiting at the same time.  I really wish I would have taken a picture.
After church, we all went to Nanny and Poppy's house (Mom and Dad) for lunch.  Throughout this whole visit, Mom made sure that all of us ate together at least once a day.  By the time that Ronald and his family got to Oklahoma, that meant up to 25 people in one house!  That is a lot of people to feed! 
These 3 hung out a lot together.  All I can say is that teenage boys are annoying and loud...and honestly, most of the time I loved it!
Ever Since I brought Ruger (with Brigham) out to meet the family when he was 5 months old, Stephen has always been partial to Ruger.  This time was no different.  He played with him, was patient with him while he let him hold their hamster, changed his diapers, watched TV with him...
...and let him fall asleep in his bed with MeMe (Amanda).
We stayed the night with Nanny and Poppy that night and one of my favorite things that we did was climb up in Nanny and Poppy's bed for scripture reading.  One of those memories I hope I never forget.

No comments: