Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Our Ward

David and I have really enjoyed our church (ward) since we have moved into the house.  Honestly, we have been blessed to live in a lot of great wards.  We have made a lot of great friends along the way.  Sometimes callings can be hard in certain wards but it's the friendships that are made that really make it easier to serve.
 A few months ago our ward had a luau.  We have a couple of families in our ward that are Polynesian, so it was cool to have some authenticity to it.  One of our neighbors' daughter painted our faces for the luau.  I love Hyrum's face in this.  He was trying so hard not to smile because he was supposed to be a "warrior."
 Some of the ward members got together on their own (not a church function) to have kind of like a block party for Pioneer Day.  Since it landed on Sunday this year, we celebrated it on Saturday instead.

Honestly, I wasn't doing so well emotionally on Saturday.  It was my 20 year reunion and I really wanted to be there.  I was also worried about a friend of mine.  And by the time the block party was to start, I really didn't want to go.  It's probably only because of David's calming spirit on me that I was able to get it together. And I'm so glad that I did.  This picture shows how I was able to relax finally!

Aimee Castle's daughter broke her arm and so people were signing it at the block party.  It was fun watching her take something that was scary for her (when she first broke it) and turn it into something fun.  But then Brittnay said something about signing her leg.  She thought I wouldn't do it but I did!  She has a fun personality like that to be able to take my craziness.

No comments: