Monday, July 11, 2016

Brigham is almost 12!

 Brigham's birthday isn't until the 13th but we celebrated today because a friend of his, Zoey, was visiting from Texas and wouldn't be able to be here for his actual birthday. 
 Seeing these 3 best friends back together again was very much worth it, in this parent's eyes.  They haven't seen each other in a year and I'm telling you it was like she never left...other than that she is really tall now!
Zoey is the only "girl" friend that Brigham has ever really cared about hanging out with.  He is soooo boy, through and through, so when Zoey started coming around last school year I was more than a little shocked.  But I loved her instantly and soon knew why he and Clayson liked to be around her so much.  She is just like them in so many ways!
 They played Minecraft for a little bit before we had cake and opened up presents.  Soon we were off to Sky Trampoline. Good pictures were just not happening but trust me when I say they were having a blast.
So in a few days, Brigham will be 12.  He had his interview with the Bishop last Sunday.  He is preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood.  

2 boys passing the Sacrament.  I guess it could make me sad that they are growing up.  But I'm not.  I'm just so proud of them.  I'm so grateful that Brigham is making this choice on his own.  Sure, he has been influenced by us throughout the years but he also knows that it is not something that we will ever make him do.  It is his choice.  And HE wants to do it.

Update:
Brigham received the Aaronic Priesthood on Pioneer Day (July 24th) and passed the Sacrament for the first time on Hyrum's birthday (July 31st).

No comments: