Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

The last couple of nights I have worked the midnight to 6:00 a.m. shift so Daddy has been on full duty at home, pretty much.  He hasn't complained and I sure love him for that.  Especially since I know he is waking up in the middle of the night with little guy.  

With the odd sleeping schedule and finding out that my Aunt Brenda died this morning has made for an odd feeling this Christmas Eve.  Not for me, but thinking of my side of the family that doesn't understand the afterlife, makes me sad.  I know my Dad is sad about losing his sister.  But I also know my Father's faith.  My Dad is one of the most unselfish people I know.  Things seem to never be about him.  When I called him today he mentioned having to bury two of his sisters.  That is how I knew this was hard on him but I am so grateful for his faith that I know will pull him through.  I worry a lot about my Grandpa Beck, though.  He does not believe in a loving Father in Heaven and in that I can't imagine how this loss must feel.  It has to be completely devastating.  Without knowing what I do, well, I can't blame him.

As I am writing this, my family is watching the movie ELF and I'm thinking about my Dad.  Lover of anything funny.  ELF is classic Ron Beck.  Speaking of classic Ron Beck...
This was the first gift Hyrum opened up tonight.  It was from Nanny and Poppy.  I am so glad I have such fun parents!  This fart sound maker has been a hit tonight in this home full of boys!
My camera is on its way out so out of ALL the pictures I took, only these were halfway decent.  I wasn't able to catch their pure joy in all their gifts but trust me they were so very happy tonight.


Our home has been very blessed with amazing gifts this year.  Plenty from all our family, as usual, but also from our neighborhood.  I think I counted 10 different families that brought yummy goodies by for our family this Christmas.  We sure have moved into a wonderful neighborhood!

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Sorry to hear about your Dads sisters, But, also glad to hear the faith that is instilled in you by your father and that Families are Together forever as is YOURS. Merry Christmas to you and your Family. May the New Year bring you much happiness and Joy. Christmas to me is all about Love, Love for family, friends and most importantly the Savior who Loves us more than we could ever comprehend but when we truly feel his Love it is so Wonderful. Love You...