Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl

So last night was the Super Bowl.  We aren't huge fans of watching sports on TV here.  We would rather be there watching.  Though, maybe that is more me.  David and Levi do like watching some sports on TV.  But either way, we don't watch them often.  Probably more because we rarely have cable.  When we moved here, one of the perks of living at James Place Apartments is that it has free cable.  But until last week, we never went to pick up the box for it.  David and I just didn't want it in our home.  I knew we would have to be monitoring it when the kids were watching and I didn't want to be pulled into wanting, myself, to be watching it a lot.  

But with the Super Bowl coming as well as the Winter Olympics coming, we gave in.  And I wanted to make it special so I asked everyone what they wanted the night before.

Daddy got his chicken wings, Levi had chocolate chip cupcakes and root beer, Brigham had Doritos Dinamita Chile Limon with Sprite, and Hyrum had his french fries.  Spoiled boys!

I could care less about the game but I stayed in the living room with them while I worked on some cards I was making (thanks to mom and dad getting me card kits that come in the mail :).  

Brigham was his usual funny self, without him even knowing it.  My favorites were:

-Before the game started, an opera singer sang the national anthem.  Just as expected she sang loud with super high notes.  Towards the end Brigham says, "That lady is going to break that thing!"  Speaking of the microphone, I'm assuming.  Or maybe even our TV.  

-About halfway through the game Brigham says, "How did the Broncos get into the Super Bowl anyway?!"  (The Seahawks won by quite a bit.  43-8)

The reason these things are so funny is that he isn't trying to be funny at all.  He was talking like they were facts or just obvious things.  David and I lay in bed last night laughing at him as we recounted all his "quotes" during the Super Bowl.  He sure keeps things alive in our home!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

You look so pretty in this picture for a Super Bowl party:)