Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hundred Dollar Bill

Over the weekend I got a text from Poppy that he and Nanny wanted to pay for the boys to see the new Lego movie.  So I told Levi what Poppy had wrote.  Levi got all excited and said, "Poppy is coming here?!" He was disappointed when I told him no but loved that Nanny and Poppy would send them money so they could do that.

So, yesterday I checked the mail while the boys were at school.  I saw that there was a letter from my Mom and Dad.  I opened it up and there was a hundred dollar bill in there!  I am so glad that I opened it up before they did because I knew they would freak out...so of course I brought the camera when I picked them up from school.  

 At first Brigham thought the hundred dollar bill was fake but then...
LOOK AT THOSE FACES!

We went and bought them each a book that night and a new Xbox controller so all the boys (yes, even the biggest boy of them all...David :) could play together now.  The rest is for this Saturday and the movie.  

As they were freaking out about the money, a parent with a student walked by and she said, "I wish they were my grandparents!"  The little girl that was with her was freaking out about the money to and I didn't want her to feel bad so I made sure that she knew that the boys don't get to see some of their grandparents very often.  I thought about it and it kind of made me sad.  My parents and grandparents haven't seen Hyrum and Brigham for 2 years now.  It makes me all the more excited for me and Brigham to go see them this coming up summer.

2 comments:

larry said...

Been four years for us.

Char said...

Those pictures are perfect! Love those little faces.